08 May 2012

Ordinary, Existential, Instagram

point line plane
Color and texture
I take a lot of close up shots of things people could care less about ... My pictures aren't really too interesting on their own.I like to capture color, pattern, and texture because these are things I like. Now that use Instagram, these mundane subjects are invigorated with dramatic lighting and sometimes a vintage feel (just trying to keep up with the cool kids).

lines and texture
This is a shot of the lines created by the glass door that opens out to the porch. I liked the combination of linear patterns overlapping the organic shapes. I should elaborate more on the underlying subject matter which is obviously -Why humans have resided indoors but yearn to capture the beauty of nature..... --- oh boy that was about to get obnoxiously existential -- I'm blaming that tangent to be on Instagram. Wouldn't you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment