Brimfield Antique Show


Brimfield Antique Show! This field trip was long over due in my book. The anticipation for antiques woke me up around 5am. I arrived in Brimfield, MA around 8:30 am and met Sandy, the lovely owner of the home where I parked my car. This seasoned antique-er offered me some great advice about pricing, haggling, and timing. It was a great start to a long day but I took some pics and am cataloging them here...

Gary may have been my favorite vendor because he was very friendly, had the best display, and he told me where I could find a good apple turnover.  His custom furniture pieces are especially noteworthy because they were well-made and the storage pieces were not over-sized or bulky.  
Custom Design by Gary Buendo | Southwick, MA

Custom Design by Gary Buendo | Southwick, MA
I'm keeping Recycling the Past in mind for future projects that require a sort of metal-toed boot aesthetic.
From the website

Custom steel "X" base tables  Recylingthepast.com
The dealer's name is Thor. I could stop there, but I thought I'd also mention these chairs were comfy and reasonably priced - well-below what you would pay in a store.
Brandford House Antiques | Brandon, VT


I took this picture for my friend Eva. Because let's be honest. There's no better eye candy than a display filled with cast iron pans.
Add caption

Thanks GARY! A designer's fuel. I've renamed it the Apple Explosion of Glorious Achievement + Whip.
British Specialty Desserts | Newton, MA
Big Daddy's has cool stuff but it's on the higher end of the price range. These stools reminded me of the one's featured in the Courtney Cox spread by Elle Decor.
Big Daddy's Antiques | Los Angeles, CA
Elledecor.com Courtney Cox's Kitchen | Photographer: Simon Upton

This may have been my favorite find. I've heard of reclaimed gym flooring but not bowling alley flooring.
Bowling Alley Floor Table Top!  - One World by John Reinfurt | Albany, NY

They day was fun, exhausting and filled with an assortment of colorful characters and unrealistic hopes that I would find a Barcelona chair for like fifteen bucks. (I know I'm crazy). Also, I don't know why I was surprised, but I must note the astonishing wave of hipsters who descending upon the idyllic New England town. Nevertheless, despite my best efforts parts of my face, foot or other extremities found their way into countless black and white or even sepia-toned photographs.

Comments