19 August 2011

Cocktail Inspired Cupcakes

Happy Friday. Have a Cocktail, Cupcake.

Rasperry Lime Ricky Cupcake


So this was my first cake from scratch.
I used cake flour for the first time to see how much of a difference it makes.  Otherwise I would have used the cupcake recipe from "Naturally Thin" by Bethenny Frankel.

The Vegan Lime Frosting
...is an adaptation of Bethenny's coconut frosting recipe - I added lime juice and lime zest to vegan frosting base which is -- shortening, vegan butter/margeine, and powdered sugar.

Filling - not so vegan, but so delicious.
Homemade whipped cream with fresh raspberries and coconut sugar. (Low glycemic effort)

My cupcake is wearing a delightful damask ensemble by Reynolds (Reynolds® Baked for You®
StayBrite™ Baking Cups)


...Stay tuned for Blueberry Lemon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment